Hello Everyone, Today I began the screening process for the clinical trial. Finally!! It went well. Basically it was questions about my medical history, family history, symptoms, etc. Followed by blood work, and other basic tests. I had an EKG and an MRI today. I need to get a chest x-ray tomorrow. I was evaluated by two neurologists, including my own, Dr. Beall. I should know my results by the end of next week.
I spoke with Dr. Beall and the head of Research, Jenny, about my concerns over the MRI results in the past. Apparently, these results go to Germany where 5 neurologists evaluate them. this way one person isn't deciding your fate. What Dr. Beall said is that what they find on my MRI will make or break me being able to participate in the trial. To refresh you the first MRI tech did not find any lesions. Then Dr. Beall sent it to a specialist in Saginaw, MI to re-evaluate and he found 4 lesions. So we need to see what they find in Germany.
Dr. Beall said, if they do not agree I have lesions, to please don't be discouraged. He claims to have many other approaches he would like to take if I do not enter the trial. If they do find them then I should be able to enter the trial within the next 28 days. Jenny said that my EKG came out "abnormal", but that sometimes the machine says that, but when analyzed by a doctor they find it normal. Since I have had this test within the last 6 months and it was normal, she is not concerned.
I will update you as I get more results and information, probably by the end of next week. Thanks again for all your love and support. Testing, 1, 2, 3...