Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Piece of My Merry Mind

Hello All,

Quick update: My doctor's office cancelled my prescription to Rebif with no explanation. They re-sent a prescription of Betaseron to the people at BetaPlus. That medicine arrived yesterday. I have already spoken with my personal nurse and we agreed starting after Christmas is the best option. Especially since we don't know how my body will react. I still have 2 Avonex shots so I will take one of those this week. I am set up for learning about Betaseron & how to do it on Tuesday, December 29th.

I am hopeful it will be easier to give because they give you this injector thingy, that's the official term ;) It is supposed to hide the syringe & needle. I just press a button and hold it in place while it injects the meds. I am nervous because this one is every other day instead of once a week. But it's the plan Dr. Beall originally wanted me on, so we shall focus more on the hopeful than the nervous.

As for the neurologists office... I am keeping my January 12th appt. and I will use it for complaining of how I was treated and all the miscommunication over the last 3 months. I am angry, disappointed and completely baffled over the latest events from there. I plan to tell him if it wasn't for HIM personally, I would leave the whole practice over this. I just don't want to go thru starting fresh again with a new doctor.

So my intent was to make this a brief holiday entry, hence the "Piece of My Merry Mind" title. However, it may be the drs office that will get a piece of something in 2010! Merry! Merry! And to all a good night...Love, Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments to my blog. Please note that when you add a comment, it has to be approved by me before it will appear on the blog. Thanks for your support!!