Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Brain Farts Went A Walkin'

On May 2, 2010 We had our MS Walk in Troy MI. There were a total of 31 Members on our team and most of them made the trip to join us. That morning there were threats of storms and lightening. Because of this, the officials for the Walk Ms of Troy cancelled the walk. Instead held a "Dance Party" in the gym.

This was extremely disappointing to everyone. Especially since as of 9:00am that day, the local AM radio stations were saying that the storms had moved out of the area as well as the severe threats. This did not change the minds of the officials. So, we checked in, took some team photos (that I am still waiting for) and had some breakfast. At breakfast we decided to have our own walk.

The rain had moved out and the weather was turning out pretty good. So, after some more pictures we headed outside of Troy High School and were on our way. Since we did not have a marked route we were left to our wits. We walked about 2 miles total. It felt good to at least try and make the effort.

We have raised over $3,600 as a team!!! So exciting!! The efforts of my team and all the wonderful people who supported me are very touching. I am truly stunned at the outpouring of love & support. Thank you!!

Next year The Brain Farts hopr to make the walk officially, but no matter what, we will not give in!!

(On a side note: My mom, and my children, did drive to Frankenmuth, MI to join my friend Kelly in her Walk MS. We were the Wheelchair Hotties! It was a very beautiful day and a scenic route. The golf carts that came around to check on us and offer a ride, just in case, were very comforting. I really wanted to give in and accept the ride, bbut I toughed it out. We walked 3 whole miles! Woo Hoo!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments to my blog. Please note that when you add a comment, it has to be approved by me before it will appear on the blog. Thanks for your support!!